- Masters Degree in Computer Science from University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (with First Class Honours) from Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- PhD student and Research Assistant at the University of North Texas, Denton, TX, USA.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Django, Web2Py, Android, Java, C, LISP, Prolog, MS SQL and SQLite.
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidadamojr
- Github: https://github.com/davidadamojr
TRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Software Engineering Language Laboratory, University of North Texas, USA
Teaching/Research Assistant & PhD Student (August 2012 – Present)
- Provided instruction and created lab assignments/lesson plans as Lab Tutor/Teaching for an introductory C programming class.
- Provided instruction and designed a Software Development class project for CSCE4444: Software Engineering.
- Provided instruction and grading for CSCE5400: Automata Theory.
- Conducted research in Software Testing, Software Product Line Engineering (SPLE), Web Application Architecture and Computer Science education.
- Designed and implemented a vector space search engine prototype in Perl (https://github.com/davidadamojr/TinySearch)
- Designed and implemented a fully functional prototype of a restaurant order management system ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/openbooth/)
- Created a Python implementation of TextRank for automatic text summarization and keyword extraction (https://github.com/davidadamojr/TextRank)
- Implemented a tiny subset of the Haskell programming language (MicroHaskell) in Java.
- Contributed to the design and development of BugFixer, an interactive web-based system that helps improve the code tracing and debugging skills of students in beginner programming classes.
Computer Resource Centre, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria
Software Engineer (November 2011 – August 2012) with the following responsibilities:
- Completely redesigned the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) website template and integrated it with FUTA’s in-house custom-built Content Management System (CMS) – http://www.futa.edu.ng
- Collaborated with staff and team members to develop, format and deploy content for http://www.futa.edu.ng
- Collaborated with other designers and programmers toward in-house software development efforts.
- Developed a staff directory web app and integrated it with the in-house custom-built university website content management system.
- Design and code contributions to in-house projects.
- Software development process documentation of in-house projects.
- Search engine optimization and social media managment.
Adloopz.com (now defunct)
Developer and Co-Founder (March 2011 – January 2012)
- Member of founding team.
- Collaborated with other designers and programmers to build a beta version of a web-based social advertising platform.
FUTA Radio 93.1 FM (Jan. 2011 – July 2012)
- Volunteer presenter/radio anchor at the Federal University of Technology Akure community radio station.
Internship at Klein Devort Ltd (RC: 758729) : June 2009 – August 2009
Applications Developer (Intern) with the following responsibilities:
- Design and development of desktop and web-based application prototypes.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of software development practices; suggesting/recommending improvements to existing software; monitoring relevant newsgroups, blogs and email lists.
- Preparing Software Requirements Specification (SRS) documents.
- Communicating findings in presentations attended by company executives.
D&G Computers, 2005
Technical personnel with the following responsibilities:
- Inspect equipment at least twice weekly to proactively identify and solve problems.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems.
- Coordinate repairs with repair vendors.
- Word processing and operating system management.
- Maintaining and upgrading computer equipment.
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
|UNT College of Engineering Annual Scholarship||2014|
|Member of Winning Team (Global EngAGE)||LeadingAge Hackfest 2013|
|University of North Texas Academic Achievement Scholarship (AAS)||2012, 2013|
|University of North Texas Graduate Assistant Tuition Scholarship (GATS) Award||2012|
|Babcock University Merit Award (Best Graduating Computer Science Student)||2010|
|Winner of the Babcock University Computer Club (BUCC) Software
|BUCC Programmer of the Year (Class of 2006)||2007|
|BUCC Programmer of the Year (Class of 2006)||2006|
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
|Participant at LeadingAge Hackfest 2013||2013|
|Contributor/Guest Writer, Tekedia.com technology blog||2011 – 2012|
|Student Volunteer, International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE)||2013|
|Participant at 2011 Garage48 Lagos Hackathon||2011|
|Co-Creator of social advertising internet platform, adloopz.com (now defunct)||2011|
|Co-Creator of idea sharing and discussion internet platform, flippii.com (now defunct)||2011|
|Babcock University Computer Club (BUCC) Young Developers’ Team (YDT) Vice President||2008-2009|
|Participant and Winner of the 2007 BUCC Software Exhibition/Competition||2007|
|Participant at the 2006 BUCC Software Exhibition||2006|
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
Author (2010-Present) – Periodically updated personal blog that addresses an almost unlimited assortment of issues but most frequently software development and technology-related issues.
Awodele, O., Adamo. D.T. Jr., Orekoya, M.O., Kadiri T.K. “SMS-Based Microcomputer Control System”. Published in the International Journal of Information Sciences and Computer Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 2, (2010) 15–20.
Awodele, O., Adamo. D.T. Jr., Orekoya, M.O., Kadiri T.K. “PC Access Control Using Voice Authentication”. Published in the Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Vol. 10 Issue 4 June 2010.
Adamo D.T. Jr., Orekoya, M.O., Kadiri T.K. “Remote Administration for Windows Servers/PCs using SMS”. Babcock University Undergraduate Project for Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, 2010.
Significant experience working with:
|Data Markup/Query Languages||SQL (Structured Query Language)
XML (eXtensible Markup Language)
Adobe Flex Builder
Microsoft Visual Studio
Formal knowledge/familiarity or past competence in the following:
|Frameworks||Zend Framework (PHP)
|Relational Databases||MSSQL (Microsoft SQL)